This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
we collect information about you:
● From your application for accommodation information that I have requested
we collect the following information about you:
● Tenant name, e-mail address, telephone number Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, nationality, next of kin, name of university or college where you are studying (if applicable), the name of friends that you are staying with (if applicable);
● Guarantor name, e-mail address, telephone number, Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, nationality, next of kin (if applicable);
● Property address; term, rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities;
● The employment status of tenants and/or guarantors, address, contact details (including email, phone and fax numbers) of the employer/accountant, payroll numbers, length of employment, salary information (including any regular overtime or commission), and any other income received;
● Bank account details of the tenant, including account number and sort code, and any hire purchase/loan agreements/credit cards or store cards that you have; and
● Any welfare benefits that you may be eligible for or are currently on.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
we need your information and will use your information:
● to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
● to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
● to help you to manage your tenancy;
● to carry out due diligence on any prospective tenant, including whether there is any money judgements against them, or any history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
● to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our supplies which may affect you; and
● for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
Any personal data that we hold on you will only be shared with third parties in the respect of informing the Local Council, Deposit Scheme and any Utility Companies, Solicitors that you have moved into the property and Future and previous Landlords / Letting Agents and Maintenance Contractors, and Courts. Other than these authorities your data will not be shared.
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will only be processed by us and Credit Check Company, No third party or anyone acting on our behalf, within the UK/EEA will process your data.
We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
● If we enter into a joint venture with or merged with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners;
● To carry out due diligence on you as a prospective tenant/ guarantor, including but not limited to the carrying out of affordability checks, due diligence checks and the obtaining of references from relevant parties, whose data you have provided;
● If you request so, your information shall be disclosed in order to determine if there are any money judgements against you, as the prospective tenant/guarantor, or to determine if they have a history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
● If you are unable to make payments under your tenancy, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant; and
● In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, tenancy deposit scheme administrator, service/utility provider, freeholder, factor, facilities manager or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
We do not transfer any data outside of the EEU
Once your data has been given only Senior Management will process this information. Any information stored on the PC is regularly backed up and protected from viruses. The PC is also Password protected and only known by Management. Any paper hard copies of data IE names, contracts, ID, passport, telephone numbers, addresses are kept in a secure locked filing cabinet and the key is kept in a secure place away from the cabinet with the Management.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as
long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally
required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have
You have the right at any time to:
● ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records that you have provided;
● require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
● make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; and
● object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.